Posts tagged Kindergarten
Do you need an effective way to practice phonics? Phonics worksheets are a great supplemental teaching tool that can help students remember, recall, and practice their phonics skills. These Free Phonics Worksheets are great for any kid learning English or learning how to read. Check out these phonics worksheets and phonics activities.
- Beginning Sounds
- Compound Words
- Dolch Words
- Ending Sounds
- High Frequency Words
- Letter Recognition
- Sight Words
- Word Families
These free phonics worksheets will help your children learn phonics and understand the skills they need to know for learning English. Use these phonics worksheets and phonics activities at home or in the classroom and in your lesson plans!
Create Your Own Math Facts Worksheets:
SKills: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Mixed Addition and Subtraction, Mixed Multiplication and Division, Addition with Missing Numbers, Subtraction with Missing Numbers, Multiplication with Missing Numbers, Division with Missing Numbers, Greater Than Less Than.
Information: Create Your Own Math Fact Worksheets. Addition Worksheets. Subtraction Worksheets. Multiplication Worksheets, Division Worksheets. Greater Than Less Than Worksheets. Math Fact Worksheets Creator. Math Fact Generator. Option to generate answer key.
- Create Your Own Money Worksheets
- Create Your Own Telling Time Worksheets
- Create Your Own Word Search Puzzles
- Create Your Own Maze
If you are teaching English, Language, or Grammar skills, you may need some free abbreviation worksheets. A great way to begin teaching abbreviation to your kids is to have them learn the abbreviations for the days of the week. Look below to find Abbreviation Worksheets and Abbreviation Activities for your classroom and lesson plans.
Here are some more Abbreviation Worksheets and Activities for teaching Abbreviation:
- Have Fun Teaching – Days of the Week abbreviation worksheet.
You can use this abbreviation worksheet with the Days of the Week Song.
- Color Me Good – Get a free map of the United States and have your students color the different states and label them with the abbreviation of each state. Great activity for learning the state abbreviations
- Education.com – Fun Abbreviation Book activity. Learn how to create an abbreviation book with your kids.
- School Express – 8 different fun abbreviation worksheets with colorful pictures.
Items you will find on these Abbreviation Worksheet websites include: abbreviation worksheet, abbreviation worksheets, abbreviations worksheet, abbreviations worksheets, free abbreviations worksheets, learn abbreviations, learn state abbreviations, learning abbreviation, learning abbreviations, state abbreviation worksheet, teaching abbreviation, teaching abbreviations
Free Addition Worksheets. Joining groups to add is a skill used in Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade math class. When students are able to “join groups to add” they can visually see the foundations of addition.
Here are some additional websites that offer addition worksheet printables:
- Have Fun Teaching – Free addition worksheets. Create your own addition worksheets, joining groups to add, math mania daily addition tests, adding in any order worksheets, writing addition sentences worksheets, adding doubles worksheet, and fact family worksheet.
- Math-Drills.com – Hundreds of addition math fact worksheets for kids.
- SuperKids – The Super Kids web site offers worksheet creators for teachers. Use this tool to create fun addition fact worksheets.
- KidZone – This web site has great addition theme worksheets. Jungle theme, farm theme, and many more addition worksheets themes.
Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets. Teaching phonics is a critical part in helping students to understand how to connect letter sounds with letters and groups of letters. Here are some beginning sound worksheets and resources to help teachers and parents get the most out of teaching phonics.
Here are some other web sites that have phonics printables and beginning sounds worksheets:
- Have Fun Teaching – Beginning sounds worksheets including the following initial sounds: B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z. Have Fun Teaching also has Phonics Word Walls with picture cards.
- Kid Zone – This web site has letter activities for all letters of the alphabet. Beginning consonant sounds and ending sounds for phonics instruction. Include these phonics worksheets in your lesson plans.
- Kids Learning Station – 15 different beginning sound and beginning consonant worksheets for teaching phonics.
Free Graphic Organizer Worksheets. Graphic Organizers will help you organize information, brainstorm ideas, and help with problem solving.
Here are some web sites with free graphic organizers:
- Have Fun Teaching – Free graphic organizers including: Cause and Effect Graphic Organizer, Compare and Contrast Graphic Organizer, Fact and Opinion Graphic Organizer, KWL Graphic Organizer, KWHL Graphic Organizer, Note Taking and Summarizing Graphic Organizer, Predict and Infer Graphic Organizer, Sequencing Graphic Organizer, and Story Elements Graphic Organizer.
- EduPlace – Free Graphic Organizers including: Clock, Cluster Word Web, Describing Wheel, E-Chart, Fact and Opinion, Five W’s Chart, Flow Chart, Four-Column Chart, Garden Gate, Goal-Reasons Web, Ice-Cream Cone, Idea Rake, Idea Wheel, Inverted Triangle, ISP Chart, KWL Chart, KWS Chart, Ladder, Observation Chart, Persuasion Map, Planning Chart, Problem-Solution Chart, Sandwich, Sense Chart, Sequence Chart, Spider Map, Step-By-Step Chart, Story Map, T-Chart, Tic-Tac-Toe, Time Line, Time-Order Chart, Tree Chart, Venn Diagram.
- TeacherVision – Lots of free graphic organizers for different school subjects. Math graphic organizers, reading graphic organizers, language arts graphic organizers, science graphic organizers, and more!
Free Word Family Worksheets. Word families are groups of words that have the same sounds and groups of letters. Most students learn this during phonics instruction as a word pattern. Here are some Word Family Small Group Centers that include word families such as AD, AN, AT, AY, EAT, ED, EN, ET, IGHT, ING, IP, IT, OLD, OP, OW, OY, UT, UN, UCK, UNNY.
More Free Word Family Worksheets:
- Have Fun Teaching – Word Family Fun learning activity centers for small groups. Your kids will love these colorful matching games for centers.
- Hubbards Cupboard – Free printable word family booklets for kids. Print out these fun word family books for kids to read and color. Comes with student set and teacher set.
- Jan Brett – Free word family posters. Each poster shows a word family, a picture, and sample words.