Posts tagged First Grade
Do you teach English or Language? You may need to teach adjectives! Here are some of the best online resources and free adjective worksheets available on the web. Adjectives are words that describe nouns. Check out these adjective worksheets, adjective activities, and adjective songs for kids and teachers.
Free Adjective Worksheets – Click Here
Here are some more adjective worksheets and free adjective activities for teachers, parents, and kids.
- Have Fun Teaching – Free adjective worksheets. Adjective Song – Click Here to Listen. Have Fun Teaching also has adjective flash cards. Adjective Flash Cards – Click Here.
- Teachnology – 40 different adjectives worksheets for teachers. Adjective theme worksheets.
- Enchanted Learning – Theme related adjective word webs. Describe the noun in the middle.
If you are teaching English, Language, or Grammar skills, you may need some free abbreviation worksheets. A great way to begin teaching abbreviation to your kids is to have them learn the abbreviations for the days of the week. Look below to find Abbreviation Worksheets and Abbreviation Activities for your classroom and lesson plans.
Here are some more Abbreviation Worksheets and Activities for teaching Abbreviation:
- Have Fun Teaching – Days of the Week abbreviation worksheet.
You can use this abbreviation worksheet with the Days of the Week Song.
- Color Me Good – Get a free map of the United States and have your students color the different states and label them with the abbreviation of each state. Great activity for learning the state abbreviations
- Education.com – Fun Abbreviation Book activity. Learn how to create an abbreviation book with your kids.
- School Express – 8 different fun abbreviation worksheets with colorful pictures.
Items you will find on these Abbreviation Worksheet websites include: abbreviation worksheet, abbreviation worksheets, abbreviations worksheet, abbreviations worksheets, free abbreviations worksheets, learn abbreviations, learn state abbreviations, learning abbreviation, learning abbreviations, state abbreviation worksheet, teaching abbreviation, teaching abbreviations
Are you looking for really good free Money Worksheets for your kids? Here at the Free-Worksheets Blog you will find all of your money worksheet resources for teaching money and money lesson plans. Below you will find a list of math websites that will help teach your children how to count money.
Here are some more kids money worksheets and free counting money worksheets for kids:
- Have Fun Teaching – Create your own money worksheets, counting money worksheets, counting pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters, money worksheets for kids, adding decimals worksheet.
- Cybersleuth Kids – Lots of free money worksheets, counting coins worksheets, mostly shows the tail side of coins.
- APlus Math – Money worksheet creator. Great to use with your smart board or projector and show students on the overhead screen. Good whole group counting money activity.
Items you will find on these teaching money web sites include: counting money for kids, counting money lesson, kids counting money, kindergarten money worksheets, math counting money, money lesson plan, money lesson plans, money math worksheets, money worksheet, money worksheets, money worksheets for kids, printable money worksheets, teaching money
If you need Fraction Worksheets for your kids, you have come to the right place! Below you will find free fraction worksheets for teachers, homeschooling, parents, and kids. Remember teachers, worksheets should be a supplement to your teaching and should be used for review and practice of skills. Your kids will have a hard time learning fractions if you tell them to just sit down and do the worksheet. There must be instruction to go along with it as well as some hands on learning techniques to build comprehension and understanding.
Here are some more fraction worksheet resources for teachers:
- Have Fun Teaching – Fraction worksheets include Half, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, and Tenth, as well as a mixed review of fractions. Students must color in different pictures of fractions.
- Super Teacher Worksheets – Comparing fractions worksheets, drawing fractions, fraction strips, fraction word problems, fraction activities, adding and subtracting fractions.
- SuperKids – Create your own fraction worksheets. Fraction worksheet creator.
Free Addition Worksheets. Joining groups to add is a skill used in Kindergarten, First Grade, and Second Grade math class. When students are able to “join groups to add” they can visually see the foundations of addition.
Here are some additional websites that offer addition worksheet printables:
- Have Fun Teaching – Free addition worksheets. Create your own addition worksheets, joining groups to add, math mania daily addition tests, adding in any order worksheets, writing addition sentences worksheets, adding doubles worksheet, and fact family worksheet.
- Math-Drills.com – Hundreds of addition math fact worksheets for kids.
- SuperKids – The Super Kids web site offers worksheet creators for teachers. Use this tool to create fun addition fact worksheets.
- KidZone – This web site has great addition theme worksheets. Jungle theme, farm theme, and many more addition worksheets themes.
Free Beginning Sounds Worksheets. Teaching phonics is a critical part in helping students to understand how to connect letter sounds with letters and groups of letters. Here are some beginning sound worksheets and resources to help teachers and parents get the most out of teaching phonics.
Here are some other web sites that have phonics printables and beginning sounds worksheets:
- Have Fun Teaching – Beginning sounds worksheets including the following initial sounds: B, C, D, F, G, H, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, V, W, X, Y, Z. Have Fun Teaching also has Phonics Word Walls with picture cards.
- Kid Zone – This web site has letter activities for all letters of the alphabet. Beginning consonant sounds and ending sounds for phonics instruction. Include these phonics worksheets in your lesson plans.
- Kids Learning Station – 15 different beginning sound and beginning consonant worksheets for teaching phonics.
Free Graphic Organizer Worksheets. Graphic Organizers will help you organize information, brainstorm ideas, and help with problem solving.
Here are some web sites with free graphic organizers:
- Have Fun Teaching – Free graphic organizers including: Cause and Effect Graphic Organizer, Compare and Contrast Graphic Organizer, Fact and Opinion Graphic Organizer, KWL Graphic Organizer, KWHL Graphic Organizer, Note Taking and Summarizing Graphic Organizer, Predict and Infer Graphic Organizer, Sequencing Graphic Organizer, and Story Elements Graphic Organizer.
- EduPlace – Free Graphic Organizers including: Clock, Cluster Word Web, Describing Wheel, E-Chart, Fact and Opinion, Five W’s Chart, Flow Chart, Four-Column Chart, Garden Gate, Goal-Reasons Web, Ice-Cream Cone, Idea Rake, Idea Wheel, Inverted Triangle, ISP Chart, KWL Chart, KWS Chart, Ladder, Observation Chart, Persuasion Map, Planning Chart, Problem-Solution Chart, Sandwich, Sense Chart, Sequence Chart, Spider Map, Step-By-Step Chart, Story Map, T-Chart, Tic-Tac-Toe, Time Line, Time-Order Chart, Tree Chart, Venn Diagram.
- TeacherVision – Lots of free graphic organizers for different school subjects. Math graphic organizers, reading graphic organizers, language arts graphic organizers, science graphic organizers, and more!
Free Word Family Worksheets. Word families are groups of words that have the same sounds and groups of letters. Most students learn this during phonics instruction as a word pattern. Here are some Word Family Small Group Centers that include word families such as AD, AN, AT, AY, EAT, ED, EN, ET, IGHT, ING, IP, IT, OLD, OP, OW, OY, UT, UN, UCK, UNNY.
More Free Word Family Worksheets:
- Have Fun Teaching – Word Family Fun learning activity centers for small groups. Your kids will love these colorful matching games for centers.
- Hubbards Cupboard – Free printable word family booklets for kids. Print out these fun word family books for kids to read and color. Comes with student set and teacher set.
- Jan Brett – Free word family posters. Each poster shows a word family, a picture, and sample words.
Free Reading Comprehension Worksheets. In this post, you will find a reading comprehension test that you can use in your classroom to build English comprehension.
- Have Fun Teaching – Free reading comprehension worksheets. Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade, Third Grade, Fourth Grade, and Fifth Grade comprehension tests.
- RHL School – Free printable reading comprehension worksheets. Word meaning tests, extended response questions, multiple choice, and language tests.
- TeachNology – Comprehension reading worksheets. Short response, Themed reading comprehension stories, multiple choice. Lots to choose from!
- ABC Teach – Elementary reading comprehension worksheets. Organized by grade level and fiction or nonfiction.
- Handipoints – Free reading comprehension tests. Very shot stories, about 3-5 sentences long with 3 comprehension questions. Good for practicing the 4-step method.
- Reading Comprehension Song – This song teaches students how to use the 4-step method to pass reading comprehension tests.
The web sites listed include the following resources: reading comprehension tests, reading comprehension worksheets, free reading comprehension worksheets, reading comprehension worksheet, printable reading comprehension worksheets, reading comprehension test, reading comprehension practice tests, first grade reading comprehension worksheets, second grade reading comprehension worksheets, third grade reading comprehension worksheets, fourth grade reading comprehension worksheets, 5th grade reading comprehension worksheets