Shape Books, Shape Book, Free Shape Books, Printable Shape Books, Shape Book Patterns, Shape Books for Kids
Shape identification is probably the first piece of geometry that students are asked to learn. It requires classification and visual identification skills. We’ve assembled some books to help out your young ones. Geometry is the most fun part of math, so make it fun for them!
Core Standards, Common Standards, State Standards, Common Core Standards, Common Core State Standards, Common Standard, State Standard, Core Standard, Common Core Standard, Common Core State Standard, Core Curriculum, Common Core Curriculum
- Kindergarten Standards Posters: This set of Kindergarten Standards posters includes a full page poster for all of the Kindergarten Common Core Standards. This poster set includes both Kindergarten English Standards and Kindergarten Math Standards.
- First Grade Standards Posters: This set of First Grade Standards posters includes a full page poster for all of the First Grade Common Core Standards. This poster set includes both First Grade English Standards and First Grade Math Standards.
- Second Grade Standards Posters: This set of Second Grade Standards posters includes a full page poster for all of the Second Grade Common Core Standards. This poster set includes both Second Grade English Standards and Second Grade Math Standards.
- Third Grade Standards Posters: This set of Third Grade Standards posters includes a full page poster for all of the Third Grade Common Core Standards. This poster set includes both Third Grade English Standards and Third Grade Math Standards.
- Fourth Grade Standards Posters: This set of Fourth Grade Standards posters includes a full page poster for all of the Fourth Grade Common Core Standards. This poster set includes both Fourth Grade English Standards and Fourth Grade Math Standards.
- Fifth Grade Standards Posters: This set of Fifth Grade Standards posters includes a full page poster for all of the Fifth Grade Common Core Standards. This poster set includes both Fifth Grade English Standards and Fifth Grade Math Standards.
People Flash Cards, People Flashcards, Free People Flash Cards, Family Flash Cards, Body Parts Flash Cards, Artist Flash Cards, Clothing Flash Cards
Need a great vocabulary builder? It’s best to learn groups or categories of words at one time, because when we relate words to each other, we have a better chance to remember them. How about some flash cards on people, jobs, family members, or for articles of clothing? This would be a great practice piece for ESL/ELL students, too!
Number Flash Cards, Numbers Flash Cards, Free Number Flash Cards, Number Flashcards, Math Flash Cards
Review your numbers with your students with these handy numerals flash cards. Then make a number booklet, which kids can illustrate, glue things to, or use stickers for counting. The more ways they see these numbers, the better! You can even do a ‘number walk’ and have kids walk down the hallway, looking for groups of 3, 4, 5, and so forth.
Kindergarten Test Practice, Free Kindergarten Test Practice, Kindergarten Reading Comprehension Test Practice, Kindergarten Practice Tests, Kindergarten Standardized Test Practice
Continuing our series by grade level, Kindergarten has some important testing, too. We really can’t start a kid in 1st grade of Kindergarten doesn’t do their job of getting students ready, and it’s certainly not an easy job. Add these free resources to your roster of ready-to-go testing strategies.
Handwriting Worksheets, Free Handwriting Worksheets, Printable Handwriting Worksheets, Handwriting Worksheet, Handwriting Practice
Blech! Is there anything worse to try to get students to do than write neatly, especially the boys? As a young boy, I remember I had just about the worst handwriting in class. Of course, we didn’t have these fancy worksheets. Get your students’ handwriting up to snuff with these activities, or they’ll have sloppy handwriting for the rest of their lives!
Kindergarten Worksheets, Kindergarten Worksheet, Free Kindergarten Worksheets, Free Kindergarten Worksheet, Kindergarten Activities, Kindergarten Printables
If you read my last post, I said something about Have Fun Teaching organizing their resources not only by subject area, but also by grade level. I’d like to highlight a kindergarten resource now. This activity requires students to circle pictures that are blue. I might put this up on a smartboard, computer screen, or some sort of projector, and then give the students a B&W version to save on ink. Then, once all the words are read describing the pictures, have them color only the blue ones. Then, the blue are all they see! Repeat with other colors to make a color book.
Grade Level Worksheets, Free Grade Level Worksheets, Grade Level Worksheet, Free Grade Level Worksheet, Elementary Worksheets
Wouldn’t it be great if some of these worksheet websites not only sorted things by subject area, but also by grade level? Well, Have Fun Teaching has done that. They’ve got K-3 done, and 4-6 are forthcoming. Granted, not everything from the 100′s or 1000′s of worksheets on the site has been sorted yet, but it’s a good start. Not to mention, there are songs that go along with a lot of this material for you to attack your multiple intelligences in lesson planning!
Word Lists, Word List, Words List, Free Word Lists, Printable Word Lists, Word Lists for Teachers, Word List for Kids, Sight Words List, Compound Word List, Phonics Word List, Dolch Sight Word List
Need another phonics activity to tuck into your toolbox? Pull out this free worksheet from have fun teaching and practice your blends! Some of the hardest sounds to make are the blends, especially for young students or students from countries whose languages are very different from ours. This is a great ESOL strategy, as well as great practice for those little guys who all need to be great readers some day!
Alphabetical Order Worksheets, Alphabetical Order Worksheet, ABC Order Worksheets, ABC Order Worksheet, Free Alphabetical Order Worksheets, Alphabetical Order Worksheets for Kids
Alphabetizing is a hard skill to teach. It takes practice, practice, and more practice. Why not make your life easier with some worksheets? There are worksheets here for alphabetizing by the first, second, or third letter. I can imagine how this might tie into activities where students alphabetize their classmates by first or last names, or where students alphabetize a collection of books. Lead from hands-on practice into worksheets to check understanding. Great differentiated instruction technique!